Tuesday, January 10, 2012

How to Use Chalk Paint

Today I'm introducing... How To Tuesday's.  I'll post at least once if not twice a month a "How To" post on a Tuesday.  I'll move these posts to the How To tab on my page, so if you want to go back and see this again, you'll know where to find it!

My new obsession is chalk paint.  Have you all heard of it?  It's not chalk board paint, it's called chalk paint and I'm obsessed!  This paint gives a whole new look to any kind of furniture or home accessories you have sitting around the house you may be thinking of getting rid of.  It gives an antique, french finish to any object worthy of finding in a Parisian market.  This paint is the perfect option for those of us on a beer budget because instead of having to buy something new, you can give something you already have a make over, for not a lot of money or effort.  Watch this four minute "how to" video I made on how to transform something outdated into something fresh and new.






Check out these pictures of the before and after.  Pretty great, right?


The supplies....



My friend Deann painted Union Jack on her sideboard.  Amazing!  She used Aubusson Blue, Emperor's Silk, Duck Egg Blue, and Old White with clear and dark wax.  You have to check out her Facebook page to see more of her beautiful artwork.  www.facebook.com/ArtbyDeann

Let me know if we've inspired you!

No comments:

Post a Comment