Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Yummy Recipe

So sorry everyone I didn't post yesterday.... I had a CRAZY busy weekend with two parties I hosted, one of which was at my house.  (Hopefully, Sunday's post about Tis the Season made up for it. Wasn't that show great??)  Anyway, more on those parties tomorrow, but today I want to share with you a great recipe I found on one of  my favorite morning radio shows Wake up with Taylor on Cosmo Radio.  It's for Sweet Potato Balls.  I know, some people hate sweet potatoes, but I thought this recipe sounded delicious and I'm going to try it out.  (Hopefully they will turn out better than my cake ball disaster!)  Here's a link to it on the Wake up with Taylor website.  http://cosmoradiowakeup.com/?page_id=103 

Please post your favorite Thanksgiving recipes.  I'd love to see them!

All photo rights go to LisaG.com
The lovely Miss Lisa G from Howard came on the show to help us set our Thanksgiving Table. What a great time. If you missed it, here’s a clip from the show AND her delicious Sweet Potato Balls recipe that you can bring to the table.
You’re welcome!
check her out on twitter: @LisaG30D
and her site: lisag.com
SWEET POTATO BALLS
• 3 lbs sweet potatoes, cooked
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or to taste
• 1 whole egg
• 1/2 cup miniature marshmallow
• 1/2 cup gingersnap crumbs
Directions:
Mash the sweet potatoes while they are still hot and add the butter and cinnamon.
When cooled a little bit, add the egg and continue to whip until thoroughly combined.
Chill until firm and then form into golf ball-sized balls, stuffing 2 to 3 marshmallows in center of each ball.
Roll in the ginger snap crumbs and place on a non-stick or lightly greased baking sheet.
Bake at 400°F for 10 to 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment